in the first version, a bloodless blond muppet spazz-dances and lip synchs to an abbreviated version of SUSSUDIO to a triumvirate of judges seemingly comprised of his grandmothers:
a few reactions:
1. if you surround it with a blue sport coat and wear white pants, even a trapper keeper can look stylish.
2. puttin on the kids (incidentally, could this title be more appropriate?) could not afford a fake microphone for duffy to hold, but he deftly improvised.
3. ever wonder if a series of overlapping triangles would constitute a suitable background for a talent competition? how about now?
4. “oh, your dad’s name is normal? and he called you ‘duffy?’ what an ass.”
5. as a tv show host, the pinnacle of your profession is inversely proportional to how frequently you must interview your guests from your knees.
in the second rendition, an emaciated, considerably-less-talented, 1980s manchild version of david archuleta joins fergie (and backup dancer mario lopez!) in a rollicking shriekfest the likes of which only child star factory kids incorporated could have produced:
1. ha ha. fergie.